Hi there, on this page you will find a regular series of guides on how to make your own comics.
You can be a first-timer thinking about putting out their first book, or a seasoned creator looking for a new viewpoint or a refresher.
Put simply, I’ve had a lot of advice over the last few years from people in the comic industry, and short of talking with each other at cons, there’s not many places an aspiring comic creator can turn to for advice.
So this is my way of giving some of the great advice I’ve been given, or experienced first-hand while creating books as Card Shark Comics. I hope you find them enjoyable and useful.
If you want to ask me for advice directly, I’d be happy to help. Just message me on the Card Shark Comic Facebook page.
Here are all the guides I’ve created. Please check back for new chapters regularly:
- Chapter one: How to write your first comic book
- Chapter two: How to format your comic book script
- Chapter three: How to run a successful comic book Kickstarter
- Chapter four: How the Killtopia #1 script was written
- Chapter five: How the Killtopia #1 characters were designed
- Chapter six: How we marketed our £16k comic Kickstarter success ‘Killtopia’
- Chapter seven: How to write fleshed out characters and their dialogue
- Chapter eight: How to avoid stress and mental burnout as an indie comic creator