Hi guys Dave here with a review round up of Vessels #2. We launched the book in August following our fifth successful Kickstarter campaign and it’s gone down a treat with press and fans alike.
It’s also officially our biggest book launch, with the highest amount of backers yet, insane online orders through comichaus.com and big sales in my local branch of Forbidden Planet.
Thanks to everyone who picked the book up in the last month. Here’s the obligatory review round up 😀
- Starburst Magazine (9/10) – “Lives up to the expectations left by its debut and then some.”
- Big Comic Page (no scores) – “Vessels has an impressive amount of depth bubbling just beneath the surface.”
- Major Spoilers (4.9/5) – “Vessels is kicking into high gear, and I think this issue will be one to remember.”
- Geek Retreat (no scores) – “I can say with no degree of hesitation that this second issue is a triumph.”
- 2 Guys 1 Review (A Rank) – “Fantastic artwork, an amazing story, with a massive amount of pages to sink your teeth into – this book is really indy comics at its finest.”
- A Place to Hang Your Cape (no scores) – “Vessels #2 Cements its Dramatic Stakes with a Rip-roaring Pace.”
- Comics Anonymous (9/10) – “Another reminder that indie/small press books can match any of the big publishers with the right story and creative team.”
Phew! This is seriously awesome, and we hope to keep this level of quality up in our future releases.
In order, our next books are Killtopia #1 and Vessels #3 – stay tuned for updates on those soon!